My name is Susan Kistler and I am AEA’s Executive Director. I contribute each Saturday’s post to the aea365 blog. AEA is striving to help evaluators know about evaluation funding opportunities, working to improve on two fronts:
- Listening and Identifying: Improving our processes for knowing about funding opportunities
- Disseminating and Communicating: Improving our processes for letting the evaluation community know about funding opportunities
Hot Tip: To learn about funding opportunities for evaluators, subscribe to AEAWEB: Headlines and Resources. AEAWEB includes a range of headlines and announcements of interest to evaluators, and is where we post an announcement of each identified funding opportunity. The easiest ways to receive AEAWEB are via one of the following:
- Weekly Email Compilation: Receive AEAWEB as a single email compiling the week’s announcements, sent each Sunday – sign up at http://www.eval.org/AEA.signup.asp
- EVALTALK: Subscribe to AEA’s listserv, EVALTALK, where the list is posted each Sunday http://bama.ua.edu/archives/evaltalk.html
Hot Tip: If you are on Twitter, follow @aeaweb to receive headlines and resources announcements in real time rather than as a weekly compilation.
Hot Tip: Here are four opportunities posted this past week, to give you an example of the announcements included on AEAWEB.
- Funding: Impact 2.0 – grant opportunity for evaluating web 2.0 in Latin America http://ow.ly/1RA7n
- Funding: Evaluating Oil Spill Disaster Response? Grants Available Through NSF http://ow.ly/1RBow
- Funding: Grants available for graduate students evaluating Head Start Programs for their dissertation research http://ow.ly/1RzkFFinally
- Funding: Establish National Center on Program Management and Fiscal Operations from US DHHS http://ow.ly/1RBFh
If you know of a funding opportunity for evaluators, please share it via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.