We’re very excited to learn from you! If you work or study in the evaluation field, have Hot Tips, Cool Tricks, Rad Resources or Lessons Learned of interest to evaluators, and would like to contribute to aea365, please consider submitting a draft contribution. Posts should:
- Be written in first-person prose.
- Be short – approximately 250-450 words and absolutely no more than 500.
- Focus on topics of interest to a wide range of evaluators.
- Include an author photo (optional).
- NOT use APA or other citation style meant for hardcopy documents; rather, embed links to online resources directly within the narrative and for resources that are offline, and use prose to describe such as “I found Smith and Jones’ recent article on Making Amazing Stuff More Amazing in the Fall 2010 issue of the Journal of Great Thoughts to be useful in laying out a step-by-step plan.”
- Include a title.
- Include a relevant image (chart, photo, data visualization, illustration) for which you have use permission, as appropriate (an image makes the post pinnable on Pinterest and often adds explanatory value and/or visual appeal).
- At the very beginning, include a simple greeting, and 1-3 sentence introduction of yourself and the general theme of your blog article (but, you don’t have a lot of space and this isn’t all about you – keep it short and focused)
- For each Hot Tip, Cool Trick, Rad Resource or Lesson Learned, include a header (Hot Tip, Cool Trick Rad Resource, or Lesson Learned) and then a description and how it’s useful. Include active link where appropriate.
- Avoid self-promotion.
- Please don’t use fancy fonts or formatting. All of that is changed when your article posts to the site.
To get a feel for the breadth and style of contributions, take a look at the archives via the archive link at the top of this page.
Send your draft post (on a document attached to an email please!) for consideration to email@example.com. Please note that we reserve the right to refuse submissions and to edit submissions for length and alignment with the style of aea365 – you’ll always have the opportunity to review and approve any significant edits.