Greetings AEA365 readers! I’m Sheila B Robinson, aea365’s Lead Curator and sometimes Saturday contributor with a special invitation to contribute!
To coincide with Labor Day in the US, AEA365 will feature one week of blog posts honoring the WORK of evaluation. This special week will acknowledge the labor of evaluation for Labor Day.
Each Labor Day week author will compose a blog article on the work of evaluation that goes on behind the scenes and that may be underappreciated.
Hot Tip: If you want to contribute, here are some example ideas:
- The work of gaining access to data
- The work of cleaning up data sets
- The work of writing reports
- Working with difficult stakeholders
- Working in difficult situations: refugee camps, natural and civil disasters, child sexual abuse programs, hospice center evaluations, etc.
- Other ideas? We’re open to suggestions
Hot Tip: Would you be interested in contributing a post to this series? It’s easy! There are only two things you’ll need to do:
- Email me at: (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday August 11 to submit your idea and commit to composing the blog post (do this quickly – only one post per author and per topic!).
- Email your blog post to me at: (email@example.com) by Monday August 21.
Posts should be under 500 words, adhere to our Contribution Guidelines and use the following outline headings:
Introduction: Briefly introduce yourself (see any AEA365 blog post for the general format and tone of introductions).
Lessons Learned: Describe why you chose to write about this topic, what the work is, how this aspect of the work is important to our field and potentially underappreciated, etc.
Hot Tips (or Cool Tricks): Offer some tips or advice for evaluators on this aspect of the work.
Rad Resources: List (and link!) to any related resources
Cool Trick: If we receive more offers than we can feature in one week, we may be able to publish additional posts later in the year, so please submit don’t hesitate to submit your ideas!
Do you have questions, concerns, kudos, or content to extend this aea365 contribution? Please add them in the comments section for this post on the aea365 webpage so that we may enrich our community of practice. Would you like to submit an aea365 Tip? Please send a note of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org . aea365 is sponsored by the American Evaluation Association and provides a Tip-a-Day by and for evaluators.