My name is Daniel Brandão and I am an evaluator from Brazil. I work at Instituto Fonte as a consultant and we have a participatory approach to evaluation. I used to work with evaluation of programs focused in youngsters under social exclusion situations where methods oriented by arts were very useful. In 2007 to face the challenge of creating a good environment to have in-depth conversations with youngsters in conflict with the law we developed the FRAMES Method. Inspired by comics, FRAMES is a set of 27 drawings used to trigger dialogues with these youngsters.
Rad resource: You can get the complete set of drawings at: http://tinyurl.com/ygqafsk. We didn’t produce any article or so about FRAMES. But it is in our 2010 to-do list! A good resource about arts based research practice is the book “When Method Meets Art” (Levy, P. Guilford Press)
- Can be adjusted for multiple possibilities of applications.
- Can be used in evaluations or as an educational tool.
- Can be applied Individually or with groups.
- With both genders
- With youngsters over 12 year old
- Used by psychologists, social service assistants, non formal educators, social scientists and others.
- Application time lasted from 20 minutes to 5 hours.
The linked document is written in Portugese, but here’s a link to an online translation program: http://www.freetranslation.com/