Happy New Year! This is Elizabeth Grim, AEA365 Curator and sometimes blog contributor.
I’m not one for new year’s resolutions, but I do enjoy thinking about learning goals. One way I do this is to consider what professional development and networking opportunities align with my vision for the year. Planning my learning early helps to ensure that I am aware of proposal or registration deadlines, and gives me something to look forward to!
Between the AEA Topical Interest Groups, AEA Local Affiliates, and other professional associations, there is no shortage of evaluation conferences, trainings, and events. Below are just a few examples of events to look forward to in 2023.
- American Statistical Association Conference on Statistical Practice, February 2-4, San Francisco, CA
- CreativePro Design + PowerPoint Summit, February 16-17, virtual
- ¡Milwaukee Evaluation! Social Justice & Evaluation conference, March 2-3, Milwaukee, WI
- American Educational Research Association (AERA) Conference, April 13-16, Chicago, IL; Theme: Interrogating Consequential Education Research in Pursuit of Truth
- International Conference on Applied Statistics and Data Analytics, April 17-18, Boston, MA
- The Eastern Evaluation Association Conference, April 24 & 25, virtual; Theme: Pivoting, Priorities, & Possibilities: Evaluation in Turbulent Times
- Data Visualization Society Outlier Conference, May 3-5, virtual and in Porto, Portugal
- American Educational Research Association (AERA) Conference, May 4-5, virtual; Theme: Interrogating Consequential Education Research in Pursuit of Truth
- Emergent Voices in Evaluation (EViE) Conference, May 18-19, virtual
- Grantmakers for Effective Organizations Conference (GEO), May 22-23, Washington, DC: Theme: Courageous Unlearning
- Canadian Evaluation Association Conference, June 19-21, Quebec City; Theme: Evaluation in a changing world
- World Conference on Data Science & Statistics, June 26-28, Frankfurt, Germany; Theme: Understanding the Data Science: Can help now and in the Future
- Visitor Studies Association, July 11-13, virtual; Theme: Inclusive Practice: Broadening the Field by Welcoming New Perspectives
- Australian Evaluation Society Conference, September 27-29, Brisbane, Australia; Theme: Through the Lens
- Center for Culturally Responsive Evaluation and Assessment (CREA) Conference, October 3-6, Chicago, IL; Theme: Evaluation and Assessment as Healing: Towards Culture-Based Paradigms of Care
- AEA Annual Conference, October 9-14, Indianapolis, IN; Theme: The Power of Story
- Presentation Summit, October 15-18, Monterey, CA
- IEEE VIS2023, October 22-27, Melbourne, Australia; Theme: Visualization & Visual Analytics
- Presentation Summit, November 5-8, Virtual
A few other events that do not have 2023 dates released at this time:
- AEA Summer Evaluation Institute
- Arizona Evaluation Network Conference
- Michigan Association for Evaluation Conference
- Join an AEA Local Affiliate to connect with evaluators in your area or across the United States for a variety of networking and professional development opportunities. You can even join more than one!
What are your go-to professional development and networking opportunities related to evaluation each year? Share your recommendations in the comments!
Do you have questions, concerns, kudos, or content to extend this aea365 contribution? Please add them in the comments section for this post on the aea365 webpage so that we may enrich our community of practice. Would you like to submit an aea365 Tip? Please send a note of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org . aea365 is sponsored by the American Evaluation Association and provides a Tip-a-Day by and for evaluators. The views and opinions expressed on the AEA365 blog are solely those of the original authors and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of the American Evaluation Association, and/or any/all contributors to this site.