Greetings AEA members, conference-goers, virtual conference goers and AEA365 fans! I’m Sheila B Robinson, your very excited AEA365 Lead Curator and sometimes Saturday contributor. I’m getting ready to spend nearly a week in Cleveland, OH at Evaluation 2018. The annual AEA conference is one of my favorite weeks of the year – time for me to learn more about my field, attend exciting presentations and see fabulous presenters, meet new people, and reconnect with old friends.
To help you get ready for the conference experience, I’ve bundled some handy resources right here:
- AEA365 LAWG posts: We had two weeks of LAWG posts this year – one in July and one in September – with the Local Area Working Group (LAWG) working hard to let us know what to do and where to go in Cleveland.
- Tips for first timers (and veteran conference goers!): I contributed an AEA365 blog post on this, Donna Podems wrote a great article on LinkedIn, Navigating AEA 2018, and Dana Wanzer started this conversation during #EvalTwitter chat a few nights back.
- Don’t for get to explore and complete your profile in the Evaluation 2018 Conference App and all the great features it has to offer.
- Look for special events, such as the Plenary Presentations, Design Loft, Topical Interest Group (TIG) Business Meetings, AEA 2018 Awards Luncheon, and other Social Events.
- And of course, use the Evaluation 2018 Conference Website for all your conference information needs.
Don’t forget to take a break from silly cat videos and share your conference learning and experiences on social media with the hashtag #Eval18.
Do you have questions, concerns, kudos, or content to extend this aea365 contribution? Please add them in the comments section for this post on the aea365 webpage so that we may enrich our community of practice. Would you like to submit an aea365 Tip? Please send a note of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. aea365 is sponsored by the American Evaluation Association and provides a Tip-a-Day by and for evaluators.