My name is Bianca Montrosse-Moorhead, and I co-chair EvalYouth, along with Marie Gervais and Khalil Bitar. I also serve as a liaison between the American Evaluation Association, EvalYouth, and EvalPartners. This week, aea365 is focusing on EvalYouth. Today, I will be talking about what EvalYouth is and introducing you to some of our rad resources.
- EvalYouth is rooted in the idea that an investment in those new to our field and an investment in the inclusion of youth stakeholders is an investment in Evaluation itself.
- EvalYouth, an EvalPartners initiative, has two overarching goals: (i) to promote Young and Emerging Evaluators (YEE) to become competent, experienced and well-networked professionals who contribute to evaluation capacity at national, regional and international levels; and (ii) to promote the inclusion of Youth and Young People (YYP) in evaluations conducted at the national, regional and international levels.
- You do not need to be a young or emerging evaluator, nor a youth or young person to be a member of EvalYouth. You simply have to be passionate about and committed to investing in the future of evaluation.
- EvalYouth is committed to reaching evaluators across the globe, and everything we do happens in more than one language.
- Want to know more about EvalYouth? Check out our website.
- Have questions about EvalYouth? Send us an email (EvalYouth@gmail.com).
- Want to be among the first to hear about EvalYouth updates, projects, calls, etc? Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
- Want to see presentations EvalYouth has given or sponsored? Check out our YouTube channel.
The American Evaluation Association is celebrating EvalYouth week. EvalYouth addresses the need to include youth and young people in evaluation. The contributions all this week to aea365 come from members of EvalYouth. Do you have questions, concerns, kudos, or content to extend this aea365 contribution? Please add them in the comments section for this post on the aea365 webpage so that we may enrich our community of practice. Would you like to submit an aea365 Tip? Please send a note of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. aea365 is sponsored by the American Evaluation Association and provides a Tip-a-Day by and for evaluators.