I am Jenny McCullough Cosgrove @EvalNerd, Twitter convert, and member of the #EvalTwitter community. It is fascinating to watch our online community form and we are excited to introduce our #EvalTwitter monthly chat topics. This will be an easy way to connect with the #EvalTwitter and start conversations.
Hot Tip: Get connected around the #EvalTwitter hashtag.
Step 1. Log in to Twitter
Step 2. Type #EvalTwitter into search bar to pull up all the tweets using that hashtag
Step 3. Connect and have fun!
Hot Tip: Join the #EvalTwitter community for #eval chats the fourth Thursday of each month at 8:30 PM EST (5:30 Pacific) starting NEXT Thursday March 22! Each month we will connect around a specific hashtag, starting in March.
Tweet out with the #EvalTwitter hashtag each month to get involved!
- March 2018: Follow Friday with a Twist (The Twist is that it’s Thursday)
- April 2018: Methods Madness
- Share a method or approach that you are just crazy about!
- What about this method or approach excites you?
- May 2018: AEA LAC connections
- Promote your local AEA area collaborative (LAC).
- Connect with someone new in your area.
- June 2018: Fail Forward
- How have you failed forward in your #eval work?
- What have you learned?
- July 2018: Toot Your Evaluator Horn
- August 2018: Professional Development
- What has been the best professional development you have attended this year?
- What has been the best professional development you have ever attended? Why?
- September 2018: #eval18 Connects
- Connect with an #EvalTwitter fav and schedule a coffee break with them at #Eval18.
- October 2018: #eval18 Excitement
- What are you looking forward to?
- Need recommendations for a certain topic?
- Share out your presentation!
- Live tweet your conference attendance.
- November 2018: Stuck On #eval18: Reflections and Takeaways
- What has stuck with you from the conference?
- What do you find continuing to consider?
- December 2018: New Year, Renewed You
- How are you going to renew your #eval practice for 2019?
- Where do you hope to grow in your practice in the new year?
Get Involved: Digital Goes Analog
Following a live Twitter chat can be difficult, so we recommend using Hootsuite or another similar program to better engage in the chat! Applications for Hootsuite can be used to curate your own social media experience and keep up with a live Twitter chat. Check out this Hootsuite kickstart guide.
The American Evaluation Association is celebrating #EvalTwitter week. All posts this week are contributed by evaluators engaging, networking, and collaborating through Twitter. Do you have questions, concerns, kudos, or content to extend this aea365 contribution? Please add them in the comments section for this post on the aea365 webpage so that we may enrich our community of practice. Would you like to submit an aea365 Tip? Please send a note of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org . aea365 is sponsored by the American Evaluation Association and provides a Tip-a-Day by and for evaluators.