Hello, I’m Alexey Kuzmin, president of the Process Consulting Company based in Moscow, Russia. My company’s specialization is program evaluation and evaluation related services. I have two evaluation blogs – in Russian and in English.
Rad Resource – Evaluation Space This is my English blog. Its focus is evaluation – no surprises. The blog concept could be described as sharing thoughts related to my professional life. Everything that appears in my blog is somehow related to what happens to me and my company. New content is posted at least twice a month, and usually – more often.
Hot Tips – favorite posts:
- December 29, 2009 A New Year Post This is the most read article. It is about things that I like and don’t like in my profession. Interestingly, I never expected that it will become most popular.
- Speaking of high quality evaluations… (June 17, 2011) and Comments on the previous post (June 20, 2011) These are two inter-related posts. In the first one I shared a pretty strange evaluation ToR that I received, and in the second one I described what quite a few colleagues from around the world thought about that ToR.
- Use of proverbs in evaluation: “A word is enough to the wise” (March 31, 2010) I always found it challenging to describe lessons learned by the program. Once I tried to use proverbs to do that. It worked fine for the client and was fun for me.
Lessons Learned – why I blog:
- This is a neat way of sharing what I consider important in evaluation profession and to be explicit about my values while doing that.
- My company website has a link to this blog, so clients can get acquainted with my company and then look at my blog to get better acquainted with me. Those who find the blog first and then decide to learn about the company can easily do that as the blog is indeed linked to the company website.
- Next year I will celebrate my 25th anniversary in consulting business and 20th anniversary of my company. It has been quite a journey. Blogging allows me to share experience, which might be interesting and even useful – at least for some people.
- Blogging allows you to be yourself and show who you are.
- Blogging makes you more visible and helps to network.
- Blogging allows you to learn and to share experience.
- Blogging can help you get new clients (I had such experience).
- Blogging is an easy way of keeping record of important thoughts, resources and events. I converted my blogs into PDF books and use them as a resource for my training activities and professional writing.
This winter, we’re running a series highlighting evaluators who blog. Do you have questions, concerns, kudos, or content to extend this aea365 contribution? Please add them in the comments section for this post on the aea365 webpage so that we may enrich our community of practice. Would you like to submit an aea365 Tip? Please send a note of interest to email@example.com. aea365 is sponsored by the American Evaluation Association and provides a Tip-a-Day by and for evaluators.