Sheila B Robinson on Navigating the Annual AEA Conference
Hello All! I’m Sheila B Robinson, aea365’s Lead Curator and sometimes Saturday contributor with some tips for navigation Evaluation 2016!
Cool Trick: If you want all of these tips described in detail, log into the AEA website (if you are a member), click on Coffee Break Webinars (under the “Learn” menu), then click the Coffee Break Webinar Archive and look for my recent webinar, Navigating the Annual AEA Conference: Tips for First Time Attendees from September 20.
Hot Tips: Here are some tips for getting the most out of the conference – before, during, and after:
- Visit the conference website
- Search the conference program to find sessions to attend
- Read about the various presentation types
- Visit The Potent Presentations Initiative site and use the Potent Presentations tools to craft your presentation
- Subscribe to AEA365 and look for Local Area Working Group (LAWG) posts to learn about the conference city
- Go to the registration table to pick up your name tag and materials; then look for the ribbon table
- Plan to attend the networking events on Wednesday (1st Time Attendees Orientation, Poster Session & Meet the Authors Reception); Thursday (TIG Business Meetings); and Friday (Awards Luncheon [$45], Reception & Silent Auction)
- Save time to visit the vendor exhibits
- Tweet your learning using the hashtag #Eval16 (and share on other social media as well!)
- Take advantage of publishers’ discounts on books
- Revisit AEA365 and become a daily reader
- Check the AEA Public eLibrary for materials from your favorite sessions, or sessions you missed
- Look for contact information for TIGs and Affiliates and stay involved with them.
- Find AEA, along with TIGs and Affiliates on social media to stay up-to-date on activities.
- Consider submitting a proposal to present at Evaluation 2017!
Have any tips to add to this list? Please add them in the comments!
Enjoy Atlanta and Evaluation 2017!
Do you have questions, concerns, kudos, or content to extend this aea365 contribution? Please add them in the comments section for this post on the aea365 webpage so that we may enrich our community of practice. Would you like to submit an aea365 Tip? Please send a note of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org . aea365 is sponsored by the American Evaluation Association and provides a Tip-a-Day by and for evaluators.