EvalYouth Week: The Launch of EvalYouth in Nepal by Bianca Montrosse-Moorhead, Marie Gervais, and Khalil Bitar
We are Bianca Montrosse-Moorhead (EvalYouth Co-Chair), Marie Gervais (EvalYouth Co-Chair), and Khalil Bitar (EvalYouth Vice-Chair). As part of EvalYouth week on aea365, today we would like to share a bit of history about the initiative.
We reached a number of important milestones leading up to the launch of EvalYouth:
- Marie Gervais and Bianca Montrosse-Moorhead were appointed Co-Chairs.
- Marie and Bianca attended many conferences and meetings held by Voluntary Organization for Professional Evaluation (VOPEs), e.g., American Evaluation Association, Francophone Evaluation Network to gather ensure the crafting of EvalYouth’s agenda was inclusive and participatory.
- EvalYouth established an internet presence, as an alternative pathway for stakeholder input, and to get the word out about important updates.
- Through generous grant and donor support, EvalYouth was able to bring 27 young and emerging evaluators (YEEs) from across the globe to the EvalPartners 2nd Global Forum in Kathmandu, Nepal.
EvalYouth was formally launched in November at the 2015 Global Evaluation Week at the Parliament of Nepal in Kathmandu. A number of the YEE who joined us in Nepal shared their hopes and dreams for EvalYouth. We invite you to watch these videos (video language noted in parentheses):
- Victor Mabika (English)
- Karlygach Nurmanbetova (English)
- Fazeela Hossen (English)
- Mainga Moono Banda (English)
- Josette Arevalo (Spanish)
- Rodrigo Luna (Spanish)
- Sofía Estévez (Spanish)
- Alejandra Lucero (Spanish)
- Antonella Guidoccio (Spanish)
- Pablo Benitez (Spanish)
- Amos Menard (French)
- Bourahima Konkobo (French)
- Nadine Ndicumasabo (French)
- Mohamed Rage (Somali)
- Umi Hanik (Indonesian)
- Antonia Rishko Porcescu (Ukrainian)
The American Evaluation Association is celebrating EvalYouth week. EvalYouth addresses the need to include youth and young people in evaluation. The contributions all this week to aea365 come from members of EvalYouth. Do you have questions, concerns, kudos, or content to extend this aea365 contribution? Please add them in the comments section for this post on the aea365 webpage so that we may enrich our community of practice. Would you like to submit an aea365 Tip? Please send a note of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. aea365 is sponsored by the American Evaluation Association and provides a Tip-a-Day by and for evaluators.