EvalYouth Week: 2017 Plans for EvalYouth by Marie Gervais
Hello to the young and emerging evaluators (YEEs), and to all partners and friends of EvalYouth! My name is Marie Gervais, and I co-chair EvalYouth, along with Bianca Montrosse-Moorhead and Khalil Bitar. I also serve as vice-president of IOCE. What achievements for EvalYouth since its launch 16 months ago! A strong mobilization of YEE around the world, dynamic working groups with effective leadership of YEE, strategic actions successfully implemented and a very promising future. In addition to the actions already mentioned by EvalYouth Task Force 1, Task Force 2 and Task Force 3 in previous posts, I will be talking today about promising milestones of EvalYouth for 2017.
Milestones Set for 2017 –
EvalYouth will build upon its’ successes, and has set a number of milestones for 2017. A few are included below:
- A fruitful contribution of EvalYouth to the EvalPartners 3rd Global Evaluation Forum (GEF) organized by EvalPartners, together with IOCE, UNEG, the Global Parliamentarians Forum for Evaluation, the Kyrgyz M&E Network, and the Eurasian Evaluation Network to be held April 26 to 28, 2017 in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. EvalYouth and a YEE delegation will be there! We will review progress of the EvalAgenda 2020, particularly in support of the SDGs, and will map out productive partnerships for the future. An excellent opportunity for EvalYouth to celebrate accomplishments, draw lessons learned, identify good practices, explore fruitful collaborations, raise awareness of responsibilities, and plan for more results in coming years.
- An effective co-sponsorship of the “youth and emerging evaluators strand” at the 8th AfrEA Conference to be held March 27 to 31 in Kampala, Uganda. A very interesting program for YEE, good opportunities to meet seasoned evaluators, and to delve into the challenges of evaluation in Africa and beyond.
- Enhanced membership and new partnerships to build the capacity of EvalYouth and its Task Forces to realize their ambitions.
- A call to the YEE: Become ambassadors for EvalYouth and actively participate in its activities. Engage in your national and regional VOPEs and set up YEE groups. Leverage networking and capacity building opportunities!
- A call to partners: Are you interested in supporting young or new evaluators who will be tomorrow’s leaders in the field? Join us to create enabling opportunities for and with them!
There are multiple ways to stay tuned to the future of EvalYouth and to contribute to the future of evaluation:
- Be familiar and advocate for the EvalAgenda 2020;
- Check EvalPartners website for updates about the 3rd GEF and for opportunities for self-improvement and for connections with the global community in evaluation;
- Follow EvalYouth on social media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube;
- Check IOCE website to find information about the VOPE of your country or region.
Join us, together we can!
The American Evaluation Association is celebrating EvalYouth week. EvalYouth addresses the need to include youth and young people in evaluation. The contributions all this week to aea365 come from members of EvalYouth. Do you have questions, concerns, kudos, or content to extend this aea365 contribution? Please add them in the comments section for this post on the aea365 webpage so that we may enrich our community of practice. Would you like to submit an aea365 Tip? Please send a note of interest to email@example.com. aea365 is sponsored by the American Evaluation Association and provides a Tip-a-Day by and for evaluators.